1. Lord, through this holy week of our salvation,
Which Thou hast won for us who went astray,
In all the conflict of Thy sore temptation,
We would continue with Thee day by day.
2. We would not leave Thee, though our weak endurance
Make us unworthy here to take our part;
Yet give us strength to trust the sweet assurance
That Thou, O Lord, art greater than our heart.
3. Thou didst forgive Thine own who slept for sorrow,
Thou didst have pity, O have pity now,
And let us watch through each sad eve and morrow
With Thee, in holy prayer and solemn vow.
4. Along that sacred way where Thou art leading,
Which Thou didst take to save our souls from loss,
Let us go also, till we see Thee pleading
In all prevailing prayer upon Thy cross.
5. Until Thou see Thy bitter travail’s ending,
The world redeemed, the will of God complete,
And, to Thy Father’s hands Thy soul commending,
Thou lay the work He gave Thee at His feet.
Source: The Cyber Hymnal #4064