1. Jehovah sov'reign King doth reign,
Let guilty Sinners quake;
He sits between the Cherubims,
The Earth let reel, and shake.
2. The Lord, in Sion, great appears,
High o'er all People rais'd.
3. By them, thy great, and dreadful Name,
Which holy is, be prais'd.
4 The King, in all his Strength, delights
In Judgment; he ordains
Whats's right; in Jacob, Justice he,
And Equity, maintains.
5. Jehovah, our great God, exalt,
And worshiping bow down;
Prostrate, before his Foot stool, fall,
For he's the holy One.
6 Moses, and A'ron, with his Priests,
Sam'el, with those addrest
His sacred Name, call'd on the Lord;
who answer'd their Request.
7. God, from the Pillar of a cloud,
Declar'd to them his Will;
Then they his Testimonies kept,
And Statutes did fullfill.
8. Thou answer'dst them, O Lord, our God;
Thy People for their Sake,
Forgavest oft, yet on theif Works,
Did'st just Revenges take.
9. Therefore exalt the Lord, our God,
And in his courts adore;
Because Jehovah, our great God
Is Holy evermore.
|First Line:||Jehovah sov'reign King doth reign|